GOLD DOG TRAINING
The course is a 6 week course.
The gold class is for dogs that have already passed the silver award. The class will include the following.
- Off Lead Controlled greeting: Handler to demonstrate control when being greeted.
- Off lead: Rejoin handlers side: Handler is walking with dog at heel work position,then to give sit wait command, handler only to continue walking.
- Watching: Handler to demonstrate a 15 and 20 second watch.
- Off lead: Walking under control: Demonstrate left, right and about turns in and around people and dogs.
- Off lead: Distraction recall: Dog to be recalled through other dogs playing.
- Off lead: Food manners with recall: Dog to be recalled through 2 bowls of tasty titbit's without lunging for it.
- Off lead: Immediate down at distance: Handler to be able to down dog while 10 paces away.
- Off lead: Sit stay: A 1 minute sit with handler out of sight for 30 seconds.
- Control on roads: Handler to cross the road with dog under control in an outside environment.
- Off lead: Down stay: A 4 minute down with handler out of sight for 2 minutes.
- Send dog to bed: Get dog to go to bed and lie down.
- Retrieve a dumbbell: Dog to fetch dumbbell when commanded, return to handler and finish on command.
You will receive a training booklet to take home to help you keep up the learning and progress between classes.
Those who pass the gold aptitude award will receive a gold rosette and a certificate. Then you will be able to progress to the platinum award.
Northfield Focus Point,
Puppy & Beginners classes are held on Mondays 7:00pm till 8:00pm and Wednesdays 7:00pm - 8:00pm
Bronze & Above classes are held on Wednesdays 8:00pm - 9:15pm
Brinsley Parish Hall,
Puppy & Beginners classes are held on Fridays 7pm - 8:15pm
Bronze & Above classes are held on Fridays 8:15pm - 9:45pm
Hilcote Miners Welfare
544 New St,
Thursdays 7:00pm - 8:30pm