PLATIPLUS DOG TRAINING
The course is a 6 week course.
The Platiplus class is for dogs that have already passed the platinum award. The class will include the following.
- Off lead controlled greeting: Handler to walk round and greet up to 6 members of class, with dog under full control.
- Off lead Rejoin handlers side: Handler is walking at fast pace with dog at heel work position,then to give sit wait command,then in down and stand, handler only to continue walking.
- Watching: Handler to demonstrate a 15 and 30 second watch. With distractions
- Saucepan exercise: Get dog to take the lid off a saucepan and place to one side, then take contents out of saucepan and put to one side, then put the lid back on the saucepan. Off lead with handler 10 paces away
- Sendaway: Send dog to 4 different cones 8 paces away, with immediate down.
- Sit: 3 minute sit stay with handler out of sight. with distractions
- Stand stay: 1 1/2 minute stand stay with handler out of sight.
- Drug dogs: Dog to be taught to sniff-out various substances that are hidden and lie flat when found. A teabag, a brillo pad and a bonio to be hidden.
- Down stay: 7 minute down stay with handler out of sight. With distractions
retrieve a dumbbell over a jump: Dog to go over jump, collect dumbbell and return to handler, over jump.
- Heelwork to music routine: Routine to include: dog going forwards and backwards, dog circling handler, twirling, going through legs, and jump over some part of handlers body, with a bow at end.
- Mentor a bronze or silver: Mentor a bronze or silver student to pass level.
You will receive a training booklet to take home to help you keep up the learning and progress between classes.
Those who pass the platiplus aptitude award will receive a platiplus rosette, a certificate and a trophy.
After many requests we now also run the Platiplus +1 and the Platiplus +2 courses.
Platiplus +1 is an advanced course and introduces other dog sports (e.g. heelwork to music).
Platiplus +2 is advanced further and includes more complex heelwork. This course also includes the handler getting more involved in the training of others.
Northfield Focus Point,
Puppy & Beginners classes are held on Wednesdays 7:00pm - 8:00pm
Bronze & Above classes are held on Wednesdays 8:00pm - 9:15pm
St Patricks Church Hall,
All classes are held on Wednesdays 1:30pm - 3:30pm
Brinsley Parish Hall,
Puppy & Beginners classes are held on Fridays 7pm - 8:15pm
Bronze & Above classes are held on Fridays 8:15pm - 9:45pm