PLATINUM DOG TRAINING
The course is a 6 week course.
The platinum class is for dogs that have already passed the gold award. The class will include the following.
- Off lead Controlled greeting: Handler to demonstrate control by getting dog into a sit or down position when being greeted by three class members.
- Off lead Rejoin handlers side: Handler is walking with dog at heel work position,then to give sit wait command,then in down and stand, handler only to continue walking.
- Watching: Handler to demonstrate a 20 and 30 second watch.
- Off lead Saucepan exercise: Get dog to take the lid off a saucepan and place to one side, then take contents out of saucepan and put to one side, then put the lid back on the saucepan.
- Sendaway: Send dog from one side of the hall to the other side with immediate down on command.
- Stand stay: 1 minute stand stay with handler out of sight for 30 seconds.
- Sit: 2 minute sit stay with handler out of sight.
- Drug dogs: Dog to be taught to sniff-out various substances that are hidden and lie down when found.
- Down stay: 5 minute down stay with handler out of sight.
- Scent cloths: Dog to locate a cloth scented by handler in a line-up of 6 cloths.
- Search and retrieve: Dog to locate and retrieve 4 small objects.
You will receive a training booklet to take home to help you keep up the learning and progress between classes.
Those who pass the platinum aptitude award will receive a platinum rosette, a certificate and a trophy. Then you will be able to progress to the platiplus award.
The platiplus was designed because the handlers and dogs that passed platinum didn't want to stop coming to class.
Northfield Focus Point,
Puppy & Beginners classes are held on Wednesdays 7:00pm - 8:00pm
Bronze & Above classes are held on Wednesdays 8:00pm - 9:15pm
St Patricks Church Hall,
Wednesdays 1:30pm - 3:30pm
Brinsley Parish Hall,
Puppy & Beginners classes are held on Fridays 7pm - 8:15pm
Bronze & Above classes are held on Fridays 8:15pm - 9:45pm