SILVER DOG TRAINING
The course is a 6 week course.
The silver class is for dogs that have already passed the bronze award. The class will include the following:
- Controlled greeting: Handler to demonstrate control by getting dog into a sit or down position when being greeted.
- Handling: Present the dog for examination - third party to touch dog all over, check dog's eyes, teeth, ears and mouth.
- Watching: Handler to demonstrate a 10 and 15 second watch.
- Walking under control: On lead in and around people and dogs. With left, right and about turns.
- Distraction recall: Handler to demonstrate a recall amongst other dogs.
- Food manners: Handler to do heel work past bowls of titbits without dog lunging for food.
- Novice recall: Dog to do a sit and wait then return to handler and execute a “finish”.
- Sit stay: 1 minute sit stay off lead with handler 10 paces away.
- Control on roads: Handler to do highway code and cross the road with dog under control.
- Down stay: 2 minute down stay off lead with handler 10 paces away.
- Show play with dog: Demonstrate play with 3 different toys/articles.
- Retrieve a toy: Dog to sit and wait, then fetch toy on commanded.
You will receive a training booklet to take home to help you keep up the learning and progress between classes.
Those who pass the silver aptitude award will receive a silver rosette and a certificate. Then you will be able to progress to the gold award.
Northfield Focus Point,
Brinsley Parish Hall,